DOWNLOADS NELLY-B SONGS

#DL Nellybbeat Music Player For Android Phone

NELLLY RECORDS

Click to Download : Nelly B Town Boy here

Search

Wednesday 16 November 2016

“If I Wanted To Win A Grammy, I Would Have Won It A Long Time Ago” – Femi Akuti


Four time Grammy Awards nominee, Femi Kuti in a recent
interview with TheNET spoke about his music career and
how he is not too interested in winning the prestigious
Grammy Award despite been nominated four times in the
World Music category.
According to the Afrobeat genius he said he is more
interested in the message he is trying to pass across to
make Nigeria a better place like the West. Read what he
said in his interview with TheNET below.
The singer continues saying:
Have Something Interesting/Informative you want us to
Post on Naijaloaded? Send to info@naijaloaded.com
Like our Page on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Instagram
Join our BBM Channel
‘It’s not my objective, it has never been my
objective to win an award, my career was
never based on setting out to win awards,
it’s always been about what I’m singing
about. So if you ask me what is most
important in my career, it’ll be that Nigeria
has good electricity, good healthcare, good
education for our people that hopefully in
my lifetime we’ll be able to drive from
Lagos to Nairobi (Kenya), we have good
train networks like they have in Europe and
America. These are more important than
any award I can possibly win’.
“ ”
‘Now imagine I win an award and the lyrics
of my songs still remain depressive, of what
significance is that award to the poverty
level of my people, is it going to put food on
the table for my people. I think If I really
wanted to win a Grammy and I set my mind
there, I would have won it a long time ago,
it’s very political, it’s about participating,
lobbying , going there and all that. But I
think I’ve already proven in my career that
I can do it, I won the first most important
award in Africa, the KORA award, and
when I won it I felt very empty, I came back
to Lagos and there was no light in my
house, there was still poverty everywhere.
Right now, I stay in Alagbole, there’s a
bridge they’ve been building there for over
six years, we haven’t had electricity in that
area for one month now. So I’ll rather not
win any award and see smiles on
everyone’s face.’

No comments: